Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pondering the last 39 years......

Received a birthday card from my mother the other day and she wrote a quick little note on the inside and one thing stuck in my mind that she said, it was simply "Where has the last 39 years gone?"
I too wonder where all that time has gone, if you stop and think about it, that is almost 4 decades ... a meer 2,028 weeks ....14,244 days (give or take a leap year) .....341,856 hrs ......and a whopping 20,511,360 minutes. Kind of puts a new perspective on when you say you'll get to something next week or maybe tomorrow or in a few minutes. Time is ever continuing, we spend our childhood waiting for summer vacations and Christmas or that next birthday, seems like as children they took forever. But now as an adult, they arrive way to fast. I look back and think about all those little moments that I took for granted and now wish that I could have lingered there just a bit longer. I will never get a chance to hug my daddy or tell him how much I love him again, well at least not here on earth. I will never get to talk to my grandma on the phone again and hear her voice, the one that praised me every step of the way in my life.
You often wonder along this journey that if you might have made different choices, would you have ended up in a similar place in your life that you are now? I don't believe that things happen by chance, but that God put us where we needed to be at any given time. We have choices to make, some good and some not so good, but hopefully we have learned from our mistakes. I can say over my last 39 years that I have made some poor choices along the way, but I am happy with where I am now. I have a wonderful family, a husband that dearly loves me, four uniquely wonderful children, who all have something special about them, a job that I love doing that has blessed me with more "moments" in others lives then I can ever count and a wonderful God and savior, that with Him I have nothing to fear.
I can only hope that if I am blessed with another 39 years that I can look back over my life and say it was good!

1 comment:

DaddyB said...

Wonderful truths in what you said and we are glad to have you in the family. We love and appreciate you and may He continue to guide you and Jay in your life and family.