Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas Time is here....

I just love this time of year when you can start to pull out all the Christmas decorations, yes you heard me right. The sooner the better, if you ask me! We have officially had our Christmas tree up since Nov 6th, at the begging and pleading of our soon to be 4 yr old Noah. Which is fine by me, because yours truly has been know to put her tree up before Halloween in the past. Crazy, maybe to some, but not in my family. We are genetically inclinded to put our decorations up early. But thankfully we do take the lights down after Christmas and do not leave them up all year (we may be of hillybilly decendents but we are no rednecks!)

My biggest splurge was two years ago when I bought a prelit 9 ft Christmas tree from Sam's Club, let me just tell you, these prelit trees simplify everything. The person that came up with this idea should get like a Nobel Peace Prize or something! I pull the tree out of the big storage bag its in and put the stand together, then put the three sections up, fluff and plug in the the lights and voila.....instant gratification! Saves you like 2 hours or more of wrestling with lights. This year my splurge was the 100 count unbreakable orniments from Sam's for $34, I dediced to get these mainly because I have a soon to be 4 yr old Noah and a soon to be 2 yr old Sara who hand like to touch, grab and pull! And I must say they look fabulous!

But I am a bit snobbish when it comes to decorating a Christmas tree:
You only use white non flashing lights, no tinsle (hate that stuff), orniments should have a color scheme, prefer no garland either but have been known to use it ever now and then.
See I am crazy!

I'll have to post a picture later of this years tree.............

1 comment:

The Thompsons said...

I love it! We have our tree up to (since nov 1st) and EVERYONE thinks I'm crazy.lol But let me tell ya..I need a pre-lit one..we have spots of no lights all of a sudden, not to mention Parker has taken the entire bottom section's ornaments off..it looks HORRIBLE already.lol